Wednesday 13 April 2011

Sandy Skirt

The wind was blowing freezing cold air, tiny droplets of rain were beginning to fall and I could see goose bumps appearing on my arms. This wasn’t going to deter me from shooting this ‘Friends of Couture’  skirt on the beach. I was determined.  I thought the beach would be the perfect setting for this soft, sand coloured ensemble.

Teamed with the skirt I’m wearing a satin printed singlet which I picked up in a small shop in Phillip Island called ‘The $10 dollar Shop.’ What a bargain, it actually only cost me $5. The coat is one of my own designs. It is part of a suit I designed. The matching dress is in the same fabric as the fun polka dot lining which you’ll notice in the pictures. I’ll share the matching dress with you in a future post. The belt is vintage and the necklace is from good old ‘Diva.’ It shows, you don’t have to spend big bucks to create a stylish look. Shoes are from Nine West. I hope you enjoy it! 

Also, don't forget to enter the competition to win one of my designed dresses. Winner is announced Sunday 17th April. See earlier posts for information. Please make sure that you 'follow' my blog through signing up on http://dustypetals.blogspot.com/ as well as through http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2478400/dusty-petals to ensure your entry is received.  Not long now. Good Luck. 



















Thanks for sharing. 






8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Michelle. The skirt is unbelievably comfortable to wear. I feel like a fairy in it. Ha ha! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is sooo cute!!!

    www.herpersona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dusty Petal

    I have noticed you recently started your fashion blog and as I in the same boat I am looking to you for inspiration. And you already have so many followers! Your designs are gorgeous - can't wait to see more.

    You can check me out at (and maybe even follow) http://fashionbucketblog.blogspot.com/

    Would love any feedback you might have too!

    fashion bucket. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fashion Bucket!
    Thanks so much for your great feedback. I'm very flattered. I had a look at your blog and love it. It's a great start. I will definitely follow you. I'm looking forward to your future posts.

    Thanks again!

    Dusty Petals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giv! I loooooove that jacket! Its gorgeous!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This skirt looks fantastic with this belt! Excellent match! I think one day I'll try to experiment with something like this too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox